Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Paradise...

I've been busting ass the past few days trying to meet the fall deadline for school. I'm going to have my High School and Las Positas College rush the transcripts to P.S.U. and hopefully they will get there by the beginning of next week. That would give me a few days to register for classes and pick up the essential materials for class, and of course pay for everything haha.

I've been reading a biography on Einstein lately and all I can say is WOW. I knew he was brilliant but had no idea to what extent. He was doing complex math at age ten, and I'm talking college level calculus. That's freaking' amazing! While reading this book, it has reignited the drive to go to school and really push to get it done. I really hope I can make the deadline for fall semester. 

On the emotional front, I am doing okay. Sean is still on my brain but the impact of every thought is slowly starting to fade. It's hurting less and less every day (even though some days are still really hard). 

We went camping this weekend and I was introduced to a couple of guys that play volleyball every Thursday. One of the guys gave me his contact information and invited me to join them Thursday night for some games. I'm so excited! This is a perfect way to meet people and be active, like I was with softball in San Jose. 

I've been on this classical music kick lately and probably downloaded close to 150 songs (and by downloaded, I mean purchased). Some soundtracks (Hero, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and some of the more traditional stuff (Mozart, Bach, Beethoven). It helps to calm my mind and focus on problems. 

No comments: